23 May 2009

Its Not Just Cultural Difference...


I was busy in CE exam, the examination paper was so long that after exam i went to a nearby shop for binding of answer sheets, single thread can not hold so many sheets...
Also i was busy in defending my Test XI which i posted in last blog...

In process, Yesterday i went to Thanjavur(city nearest to my college) for Train reservation..
I found my self in the midst of a weird and irritating situation, which although was not first time but i cannot get that out of my mind everytime i undergo...
We were sitting on the right side(row behind driver) at last 2 seats of a city bus and the bus was relatively empty, after two stops a man and woman(both in mid 30s) came with their 4 year daughter, and sat just on the seats ahead of us... in 10 minutes man started showing he is not happy in we sitting behind his beloved wife(i m not as smart to make him feel insecure).. I swear we were just sitting and talking about our exams that how we will prepare this next time writing as arrear...
After few assholic concerns of the man and before the scene could get worse or public we decided to sit on the leftmost backseats...
The person who never encountered this will certainly say i havent reproduced the same situation and we must be doing some thing but remember its Thanjavur.. Its everyday matter that we only on the basis of our language are considered as hasslers..
What if we laugh or joke regularly.. If this creates disturbance what the hell that low quality speakers in the bus do ???
I once sat beside a lady of nearly 80 years, exactly around the age of my grandmother, the lady pushed me and asked me to get up and in no time bus conductor started "ille pille....", As sitting beside a woman is threat to our damn virginity..
And this happened every now and then...
Now, why does this happen, I really respect natives of this part of country but i dont know why they get annoyed very easily on us(North Indians), It could be for anything.. They feel as if they never got their due share in politics or economy or history or whatever, i dont know, but neither me nor my friends were part of the conspiracy of passed era...

I m sure if you even been to this place you would have certainly encountered all this...
I m wondering in spite of the fact that we never did any rubbish activity such treatment is given to us...
Some day if some of my friend will really be guilty of any such offense... What will happen to him ????

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha..most of the time i used to escape such situations until i try to advocate my friends innocence(u know why..he he he), but have enjoyed others sufferings.
    And am sure no of people travelling by local bus in thanjavur-trichy is no less than those using local trains of mumbai..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir, what an irony.. so many girls working, even in petrol pumps but still i dont knoe why they behave like this ????

    ReplyDelete